Monday, February 4, 2013

why do we love cartoons so much?

Why do we love cartoons? We are all grown. Is it because we like to feel young again? Or because in busy everyday life we want something to relax and not to over think and something that would look pretty and full of life and colour? And we all are up for fun things in life... well most of us!

Perhaps, it is a family thing in my case... My mother loves to giggle and hates sad films. Yet she even though that How to train your dragon was sad...



"but he lost a limb, it is sad"-she argues... When I though it was so much fun, and Hiccup became a true Viking... It was such a fun cartoon!


Dragons, flights, fights, fun characters  just what everyone of us needs, escape to more entertaining world with no limits and no boring stuff, when everything is an adventure...I do think my mother is over-thinking things sometimes

 Got to say everyone loves Disney! You can perhaps say that it is not true, but then ask you self what was your favorite movie when you were growing up? Mine was Beauty and the Beast, it has a magical love story, pretty girl and a prince. And every little girl wants a prince! Well some grown girls still want a prince, perhaps not on the white horse but on the white Lexus/BMW not a livestock insight!


 I actually found time to go see it on the big screen... I was the only person without a child there...

But I want to talk about anime... These massive eyes and super long legs... and super cute Studio Ghibli...
Also do me a favour and google how to Japanese person would pronounce Ghibli, not what you would expect...

So fun fact of the day is... Ghibli is from Arabic name for Mediterranean wind, so to say Studio Ghibli would be a fresh wind for Japanese Anime. I do think it is rather poetic and changing...

My first Ghibli film was Princess Mononoke... but it has been so long ago that I totally forgot how amazing it was, going to re-watch it soon. However, it was Totoro (My neighbor Totoro) that made me fall back in love with anime. Some one told me that Totoro supposed to be a Chinchilla... well, that's one huge chinchilla!


I would say this picture is one of my favorite ones... Look at the little sisters under the brolly waiting for their father and look how silly and adorable Totoro looks with the leaf on his head!
I think that pretty much all the Ghibli are about love. Any kind of love and self sacrifice. Like when you see that little Chihiro holding on to the Dragon Haku and falling down the shaft with him, it is truly amazing. She just will not let him die! 



I also just watched Ponyo yeasterday... She's one stubborn little fish-girl! And oh so cute... Once again, she loves Sosuke so much she becomes a real girl! 


All the Ghibli cartoons have magic, yet no matter what love always wins and conquers all! Very optimistic, something I really want to believe in!

But my first love for Anime stays the same... Oh Sailor Moon I love you!



But I cannot watch it in English, must be original Japanese with subtitles .. The names are better, I mean really Serena?! What?! 
And it is not edited...
It's very funny and very heart warming. Everything is about love. 
I do want to have a black cat and I will name her Luna!

Also I do dream about a nice trip to Japan... 

Written by Daria, while watching Howl's Moving Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment