Sunday, July 7, 2013

"they eat garbage on principal" (The East)

So my new local cineworld did not show Much Ado About Nothing, shame. Well actually Cardiff did not show it either, very small release. Why can we have smaller films to be shown on big screen too?

Well The East is a smaller film, I think it was in the cinema only for a week or 2 weeks. I made all effort to go see it... I think you should too. 


Oh it was amazing! Made me think... 
I thought it was like eco terrorism... but it was not quiet. It was more of terrorism against the modern corporate world. And yeah all of use by dates are there not only to look after the consumer but more about the corporation to cover its own back. I suppose it was not news to me but how it was presented... was rather brutal and in your face kind of way. 
The "Gem" involving the medication was actually very scary thinking that might be true... 
Interesting plot, ending was bit strange think I need to watch it again, just to make sure I understood it correctly. 
It is amazing to know that there are people out there like that... live the same way... 


I felt like Dr Temperance Brenan (you know from Bones, not the books, that was a very normal) discovering another socio group.

Brit Marling was lovely main character, very intelligent. I do like the person who Sarah became in the end of the film. Ellen Page's Izzy omg! I loved her as usual, very bitter end, very sad and yet touching, shows however much we resent our parents they are still our parents.


And the men candy... All male characters are hot. Alexander Skarsgard is a master mind and leader of the east, and gets naked or almost naked twice. Always nice to see, however bizarre the scenes might be seen. Shiloh Fernandez with all his makeup and deep trauma... 

To conclude, the East is my new favorite film. 


Written by Daria while watching Mama Mia on TV

No comments:

Post a Comment